The number devices, and people, which are always connected to the Internet is rising drastically. Businesses and consumers need a safe way to use data from smart objects and sensors, in order to gather intelligence and ease their digital interactions.
The potential of Internet of Things is enormous. We offer robust, reliable and secure solutions to connect and protect any Mobile to Mobile (M2M) or electronic consumer device, where connectivity, data, cloud and service security are critical to commercial success.
IoT Security Requirements
IoT security strategy should contain the following basic security requirements:
- Availability, confidentiality, and integrity of data
- Privacy preservation
IoT Security Key Considerations
More connected devices mean more attack vectors and more possible targets for hacker:
- Security must be taken into account and incorporated into the foundation of the IoT system from the very beginning.
- There is currently no consensus on how to implement IoT security on devices.
- There is no silver bullet that can effectively mitigate all the threats.
- Life-cycle, future-proofing, updates
- Access control and device authentication
- Know your enemy
- Prepare for security breaches
Best Practices: A layered approach to IoT Security
A layered approach to IoT security has proven to be most effective:
- Authentication – Implement identity authentication for each interaction
- Privacy / Data anonymity – Keep collected data anonymous
- Encryption – Encrypt communication between IoT devices and between the device and its platform
- Up-to-date – Make sure all firmware, software and security are up to date
- Testing – Perform System and Unit Testing